Sunday 13 January 2013

Three More Blocks

I made these three blocks yesterday for my Craftsy BOM quilt.  The first one is a Craftsy block and is supposed to be the Wonky Log Cabin block, but mine isn't very wonky at all.  I tried doing wonky on a couple of Hot Pads for Xmas and they didn't turn out well either, just looked a mess.  I guess I'm not very good at improvising.

If you look hard you can see that the red spotty strips are actually different widths.  That's the 'wonky' bit!  This block is going to need a bit of special quilting to cheer it up, I think.

The next block is a Churn Dash block.  I've been seeing these everywhere and I love them.  I'd actually like a whole quilt made of these.  It was very quick and easy to put together too.  I used a tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts.


The last one is called Bricks in the Barnyard and I found this one on Quiltville.  It comes from Bonnie Hunter's book Scraps and Shirttails 2.  I don't have the book but I saw a photo of the block on her blog and copied it out onto squared paper and worked it out from that.


I've decided to make this quilt a bit bigger so I need to do another two blocks to make it up to twenty blocks total.  I think I will use these blocks to try machine quilting techniques so will quilt them all separately and join them after. I've only ever done straight line quilting on the machine so this will be something new for me to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment