Tuesday 15 January 2013

More haste, less speed

I had half an hour to kill before I needed to start on dinner so thought I would make a very quick block.  I've been seeing the Scrappy Trip Around the World by Bonnie Hunter absolutely everywhere.  Everyone says how quick and easy it is so I thought 'That's the one for me'.  Tutorial here.  It was really easy to cut out, just six strips 2 1/2" wide by 16".  Sew all the strips together along  the long edges to form a tube, and then sub-cut into 2 1/2"   sections.  The trickiest bit seems to be then unpicking a seam on each piece to make 6 flat pieces, which are then sewn together.  Dead Easy!  Took me just half an hour from start to finish.   Final press, quick photo,  then start the dinner.   Here it is.


Ooops!  That isn't what it's supposed to look like!

I knew I wanted the orange to run through the middle and I'd been concentrating on that so I hadn't noticed that I'd sewn the middle strips in upside down.  A quick session with the seam ripper, re-sewn and it was soon put to rights.


That's better!

This block really needs to be joined with three others the same to make a lovely diamond pattern in a huge 24" square, but I'm just using this one to fill in my BOM quilt, but I do want to make more of these as they're such fun to make.    I can feel another quilt coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment