Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Goals

I don't make New Year's Resolutions as I can never stick to them, but I do have some quilting goals that I would like to achieve this year.  I have lots of ideas in my head, and I've been pinning like crazy on Pinterest, and I could write a list a yard long, but I need to be realistic and take my available time and, more importantly, monetary constraints into account.  I don't have a great stash of fabric to count on, just some scraps from old dressmaking projects, some old clothes from the attic, and some old cotton shirts and sheets that I've been buying from the £1 charity shop in town.  I have just ordered some fabric from the sale in Pink Castle Fabrics that I have been lusting after for a while (Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille) that is less than half the price I could buy it for here in England, so that will be all for the foreseeable future.  I think I can still make a reasonable list, though.

1.  Finish the Craftsy BOM quilt started in August (4 blocks to go, then sashing, backing, quilting and binding).
2.  Start "The Farmer's Wife Quilt" using "Marmalade".
3.  Join in Stitchery Dickory Dock's Sugar Block Club each month (using leftover fabric from my "Chambray Rose" quilt.
4.  Make quilt for daughter using her old clothes (Cluck Cluck Sew's "Scattered" pattern).
5.  Make a string quilt from old shirts using one of  Bonnie Hunter's patterns.
6.  Join in with the Blogger Girls BOM on Open Gate Blog (using available scraps).
7.  Make a mini quilt each month from Kathleen Tracey's books (using available scraps).


So, this should see me through until at least August when I shall probably start thinking about making Christmas presents again.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joan: just found your blog while checking out Crazy Mom Quiilts. Good Luck on your quilting adventures! You are doing a great job so far. Happy New Year from Joan in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete