Wednesday 16 January 2013

Completed blocks

This is the final block for my BOM 2012 quilt.  It is the LeMoyne Star and I used this excellent tutorial from Piece n Quilt.  As you can see I chose to use four different fabrics in my star points instead of two.


Here are all of the completed blocks laid out on my living room floor.



I started with just Craftsy Blocks of the Month but didn't like some of them so added others I  liked better. You can probably spot two of the same block.  It was the very first one I made and didn't think I'd made it very well, so repeated it, but it turned out the same, so I've kept them both in.  The colour is rubbish in these photos, really much brighter in real life.  This isn't the final layout, that will come much later.  At the moment, I'm thinking I will quilt them all individually and then join them up, but I may change my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the final block! They all look really well together. I think my favourite is the Dresden Plate though, my eye gets drawn back to it every time! I just started my very first BOM this year, I hope I come out of it with a quilt top equally as lovely as this one, x

    ReplyDelete