Friday 25 October 2013

Windows

I've done a lot of looking out of the window this week at the atrocious weather.  We've had torrential rain, magnificent lightning streaking across the sky, thunder that left you deafened, and a whirlwind not too far away on the coast.  Now the forecasters say we could have a hurricane on the South Coast this weekend.  Today it is obviously the lull before the storm, so I've been busy battening down the hatches and making sure there is nothing loose to fly about in the garden.

The Farmer's Wife Sampler block I've done this week is very apt.

#109 - Windows

This was a lovely easy little block to do and didn't take me long to complete.  The rest of my time this week has been taken up with hand quilting Pretty in Pink.  I am almost 3/4 done so should finish the quilting by next week.

4 comments:

  1. love the fabrics you are using in these blocks, what size are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the news item here about the storm warnings that you guys are getting - I hope you all make it through okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric combo! What is the fabric line? I am currently working on a Farmer's Wife Sampler as a group block swap and have learned so much through these tiny little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you come back to read this, Sueann, as you are a no-reply blogger and I can't e-mail you.

      I am using Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for all of my FWS blocks. the solid green is Moda Bella Solids in Pistachio, which matches perfectly.

      Delete