Looking back, I'm actually amazed at how much I have actually achieved. I've managed nine blocks for my Splendid Sampler. I've been catching ten minutes here and five minutes there. I know that one block took me a week to do and I must have spent about about two dozen short sessions doing it. The embroidered one took me over a week to sew, mainly during the evenings. So here they all are.
# 17 Family Stars
I simplified this one by doing all of the star points in one colour. This meant that I could make the Flying Geese units using the no-waste 4 at-a-time method.
#18 Lina's Gift
This basket block looks a bit plain compared to some of the others but I think it will be a bit of resting space for the eyes when it is sewn in with all of the others.
#20 Nature's Walk
This one is so cute. I've kept the embroidery as simple redwork as it will go with the previous embroidered block. I've a feeling there might be more of these embroidered blocks so I'll keep them all in the same style.
#21 Sweet Candy
A super simple one that didn't tax my brain too much although I did agonise over choosing the fabrics to use.
#22 Goose on the Loose
This one was foundation paper-pieced. I've only ever used this method of construction since I started this Sampler so I was a bit wary but I'm so pleased with how it's turned out. Such perfect points in each quadrant. It did create a fair bit of waste, though.
#23 Hand in Hand
This one had a really intriguing way of creating those long triangular shapes which was really super easy to construct. It did involve making a template but it came together in a unique way and is rather pleasing.
#24 Inspector Sidekick
The pattern for this one used half square triangles but I decided to use Flying Geese units so that I could fussy cut those Fleur de Lys and make it quite symmetrical. I also decided to use my new-found skill of paper-piecing and drafted out my own patterns to use for those units.
#30 Simple Surprises
After the last three time consuming blocks it was a relief to make this one.
#33 Selvedge Saver
I've been saving my selvedges for some time now so I was pleased when this block showed up today. I've only used my French General edges as that is the fabric line I am using for this QAL. I made this by starting in the bottom corner and using a few dots of basting glue to stick the first strip to a 7" paper square. I continued sticking strips on top, working back up to the top corner. When the paper was covered I then stitched close to each edge. Some of the selvedge edges have a fringed edging so I've left them lying on the top. I quite like it.
I've missed out quite a few blocks, about 10 I think as well as a few of the bonus blocks. These are mainly applique blocks or complicated paper-piecing ones and I might come back to them when I have more time on my hands.