Thursday 22 August 2013

Wellies & Watering Cans

Last April I made a bag for my eldest daughter's birthday and my youngest daughter really liked it, so as it's her birthday this week I've made her one, too.  Catherine's was made in a lovely bicycle print as she loves cycling, but I've made Sarah's in this gorgeous Wellies & Watering Can print as she is always gardening.


The lining is just plain olive green.   It measures 13" tall x 19" wide.


On the FWQ front I've managed 3 blocks this week.

#1  Attic Windows


#88 Star of Hope

#92 Streak of Lightning

My tally so far is 34 blocks.  I'm only making a lap quilt size so need 16 more.  Should be able to manage that by the end of next month, I think.


And now especially for Molly's Fan Club


Five months old, and feeling oh so very sorry for herself.  She follows my daughter everywhere and tried to sneek into the bathroom with her, but the wind caught the door and slammed it shut, catching Molly's tail in it.  I didn't see the carnage as it was at her house, but she said that her bathroom resembled a murder scene and she half expected police to arrive and cordon off the area with yellow tape!  The vet's is quite close so she whisked Molly down there straight away.  They had to shave off her newly grown feathering before they could clean and glue the wound and gave her a painkilling injection and a course of antibiotics.  Molly is not entirely happy with having to wear her new fashion accessory.

10 comments:

  1. Here from FIUF! Your quilts are outstanding. Love the new blocks. Will make a beautiful quilt. Poor Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for Molly! :( poor baby!
    I love the fabric you used for the bag!! I've never made a bag myself... yours is beautiful, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag, and your blocks look great, too. So sorry to hear about Molly's tail.... hope she's back to her old self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bag, where did you get the pattern from if possible would love to have a go. Some good blocks to. Hope Molly is back to herself shorly, drat that door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh poor Molly. Hopefully it'll heal up quickly. Love the bag. The fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool bag! Poor Molly :( Hope she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bag, the fabric is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gumboot (wellingtons) print used in the bag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I came across you through the small quilt meet up in Lily's Quilts, I love your bag with the wellie print. I recently bought some bicycle print to make my daughter a cushion.
    Helen, migetgemquilts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete