Sunday 21 April 2013

The Sun Has Got His Hat On.......


Today I awoke to a strange phenomenon.

High in a bright blue, not grey, sky was a fiery ball.

It was giving a lot of light.

It was giving out warmth.

It was making me feel good.

Rumour has it that it is called SUN, and it could be here to stay for a few days.

Which is quite a good thing really as I need to do some things outdoors whilst the opportunity arises.

Actually, I wanted to finish some machine quilting, but I am without sewing machine at the moment.  Yesterday  I broke a needle.  Now, I have a new machine and I absolutely love it.  Love, love, love it.  Except for one thing.  Inserting a new needle.  I just find it so, so fiddly.  There just isn't enough room around the doings to hold the needle and tighten the screw.  I haven't got particularly large hands, but there just doesn't seem to be any room.  Well,  I was fiddling about trying to insert the new needle when I dropped it and it fell right down the hole, through the bobbin case and into the innermost workings where you can't get at it.  As it's all electronic and computerised I don't dare try to fiddle with it, which means I have to take it in to my local dealer to fix, and he won't be open until Tuesday.

Still,  I've learnt one thing.  Next time I change a needle I'll make sure I leave some fabric on the needle plate to catch any falling needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment